The American Fire Sprinkler Association created the college scholarship program to help with the educational and training pursuits of students just like you. In addition, AFSA wants to educate the public at-large about the life-saving properties of automatic fire sprinklers. So, if you meet the contest requirements and want to learn a little during the process, please enter and good luck!
Go to top
2017 2nd Chance Scholarship Contest Winners
Brandon Amatrudo, Northford, CT
Paige Dunn, Ypsilanti, MI
James Kacsur, Furlong, PA
Daniel Peganoff, Avon, OH
Kyle Taylor, San Jose, CA
Spread the love
High School Senior
College Scholarship Contest
Open to 2017-2018 High School Seniors who want to pursue a college degree or trade school education. Enter for the chance to win 1 of 10 $2,000 College Scholarships. Contest Rules
Sept. 1, 2017
Apr. 1, 2018
College Scholarship Contest
Open to anyone who has graduated high school or equivalency and wants to pursue a college degree or trade school education. Enter for the chance to win 1 of 5 $1,000 College Scholarships. Contest Rules
Noon – (CT), April. 12, 2017
Noon – (CT), August. 30, 2017
- Scholarship entries are ONLYaccepted online through the AFSA scholarship web site (www.afsascholarship.org).
- Entrants must submit a completed entry form with all required information. Before college scholarship funds will be awarded, all information submitted on the entry form by the entrant will be verified. If ANY false or misleading information is submitted on the entry form, the student will be disqualified without notification to the entrant.
- Each entrant is allowed only ONE (1) ENTRY submittal. Any attempt to enter again under a different name, address, etc., will automatically disqualify the entrant without notification to the entrant.
- Entrants selected as winners are required to submit the name and contact information of their chosen college/university/certified trade school* for verification of registration and payment of the scholarship to the school. All forms and processes must be completed within sixty (60) days of contest end date or your scholarship is forfeited.
* A 2- or 4-year college/university/technical/career/online school based in the United States that has completed & received accreditation from an agency recognized by the US Department of Education & is on the list found at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation or http://www.chea.org
- Entries will be accepted from September 1, 2017 until April 1, 2018.
- A total of $20,000 is awarded. Ten (10) winners will receive a scholarship of $2,000 each. Only one $2,000 scholarship will be awarded to any single individual from this contest.
- The scholarship is paid directly to the educational institution in the student’s account to be used for tuition and/or books for the fall 2018 semester. The scholarship monies may be used over a period not to exceed four (4) years.
- Scholarship winners are randomly selected by computer-generated drawing from among valid entries received at the conclusion of the contest period.
- Odds of winning are based on total number of entries received.
- Due to the number of entries received, AFSA can only notify winners.
- AFSA will contact each winner by email and phone within fourteen (14) business days of contest end-date, using contact information given by the entrant during application process. Winners have ten (10) calendar days from date email is sent/phone message is left to respond and verify they meet the eligibility requirements as defined on the scholarship contest Web site. High school winners will use the form provided in the email from AFSA, to be completed by their high school counselor/advisor and fax, scan or mail to the AFSA national office.
- Once you are confirmed as winner, AFSA will send you the appropriate college/university/trade school forms to complete for a check to be issued to your chosen school and deposited into your student account. No funds will be issued directly to individuals. All forms and processes must be completed within sixty (60) days of contest end date or your scholarship is forfeited.
- A 2- or 4-year college/university/technical/career/online school based in the United States that has completed & received accreditation from an agency recognized by the US Department of Education & is on the list found at http://ope.ed.gov/accreditation or http://www.chea.org
- Winners will be notified for appropriate recognition to include award assemblies, graduation ceremonies and newspaper announcements.
- Winners’ names will be posted on this web site in May 2017.
Complete the Entry Form(This information is collected soley for the purpose of administering this contest, verifying information and notifying winners. We never share or sell your information with outside sources or vendors.)
- Full Name
- Home Street Address
- City, State, Zip Code
- Contact Phone (with area code)
- 2nd Phone Contact (optional)
- Email Address
- Parent/Guardian Name
- Parent/Guardian Contact Number (with area code)
- Your High School Name
- High School City/State
- Anticipated date of Graduation (Month/Year)
STEP 1: Read Complete Rules