The Computer is an electronic device that receives input, processes the data and provides outputs in order to provide valid desired results. The Computer has made our lives so easy and is now used in almost every field. The Computer plays a very important role in our life. It can take many decisions so fast which a human takes much time to take those decisions. Computers have changed the way in which we live in our society. Computers are wirelessly linked to a common network and are very useful in sharing many important data. We can finish our daily projects, presentations and other work very easily with the help computers. After all, computers also have some disadvantages. Here are some advantages and disadvantages of computer discussed:
Advantages of Computer (Pros of Computer)
Different tasks can be easily performed with the help of computers. Computers can perform long calculations just in a fraction of seconds. Computers save our time, cost and efforts in performing various tasks. Banks use computers to manage the accounts of their customers. Organizations also use computers to maintain data about their employees.
Read Also: Advantages and Disadvantages of Mobile – Essay, Speech, Article, Paragraph
Computers can store huge amount of data. It stores data in digital format. You can also play various types of games on computers. You can also have access to the Internet through computers. You can login to your social media accounts with the help of computers. Computers perform all the tasks with 100% accuracy and that too at high speed.
Computers can work without any error and tiredness. The computer is a versatile device and is very flexible in performing its operations. Computers are reliable machines. Computers can reduce our paper work as all the data can be digitally stored and analyzed through computers. We can share the files and documents easily with so many people at a time. A computer also enhances communication. With the help of computers, online services can be provided to the society to let them live with ease.
Also Read: An Ultimate Guide on How to Write an Essay on ThePensters?
Disadvantages of Computer (Cons of Computer)
The computer has also some disadvantages because of which the society is affected. As many of work in the organization are performed by computers, therefore, the organization does not require human resources which add up to the problem of unemployment. A lot of time and energy is wasted by continuously using computers in activities like playing games etc.
There is a privacy problem with computers as the data can be accessed by some unauthorized person with the help of the network. It has also lead to cyber crimes through online transactions, hacking accounts, using someone’s private data for personal use etc. The health of human beings is also harmed by using computers. It harms our eyes, many neck and back problems etc. the waste part of computers create many toxic elements which affect our environment in a negative manner.
Due to change in technology, the computers we use become obsolete and we, therefore, require new computer each time with updated technology which involves high cost. Computers may suffer from various problems such as not responding which requires restart and waste time and affect our work. Computers are also prone to viruses or hackers can send you spam which contains viruses and can destroy all your data.
A computer does not have its own IQ. We need to give it instructions as it cannot take its own decisions. If the main server of computers breaks down all the system can be destroyed which affect the working of the organization. If your computer suffers from any problem, you require technical people to handle which involves high cost. Setting up a computer involves high cost.
Computer networking is a fast and convenient way to transfer data and make our work load less and perform all the tasks fast. But still, computers have some disadvantages we must be aware of. Therefore use computers in a significant manner.
Incoming Search Terms:
Advantages and Disadvantages of Computer – Essay, Speech, Article4.5 (90.63%) 126 votes
Computer is an electronic device made by Charles Babage, to solve arithmetic & logical operations. It is one of the very important instrument of our life. There is not a single day that we can go without the use of computers. The IT industry has experienced a continuous surge along with computers and the Internet. This has led to growth of other ancillary industries like the internet service providers and the technical service providers and all together the whole economy of the world.
The advancement in the computer technology has made it possible for almost everything to be done through the computer and over the internet. With the help of these two tools you can accomplish your office work even if you are at home. Not only this, you can also take care of education, shopping and research and various other things too. Computers are useful in business, in education and home. The use of computer has reduced time span of many works. Any work can be done sitting in a place and pressing few keys. It has enabled people to know happenings of the world shortly after it happens.
Computer has made it easier for people to communicate in addition to saving time and money. Using e-mails you can send letters immediately to anyone, at a very less cost. When there was no computer it used to take weeks and months to send letters by post. The mode of education has also changed. Using internet and computer you can teach anyone in any part of the world. It is also a mode of entertainment. You can play games and even watch your favorite serials and movies.
Computer has even bought the families together. Families staying miles apart can talk and even see each other. By understanding computers we can better exploit their benefits and features for our betterment.
Do You Need Support with Writing about Computer and Its Benefits?
We use computers for almost everything in our lives now, we walk around with cell phones in our pockets that have more computing power than the Apollo moon landings. Even our refrigerators and other appliances are now controlled by computers. But writing an engaging and effective essay around the subject of the benefits of computers may still be a difficult task.
Many students lack time, or they can’t find the inspiration for writing that effective essay. This is why you will want to get some good support with your essay writing. Our services have been helping students across all subject areas for several years and we can provide you with some of the best advice you will find online to get that perfect essay written so that you can get the grades that you are looking for.
How to Write an Essay on the Benefits of Computers
Even if you think computers are an awful invention you will still be reading this using one and preparing to write your essay on one. But knowing where to start with your essay and what to write is not always as simple as you would hope. The following tips however will help you with your writing:
- Review the prompt and ensure that you fully understand what is asking you to write. If you are not completely sure of what you are expected to cover within your essay it is always best to check with your tutor before you start the work.
- Do some research about what the benefits are of computers. Often it is best to look for something that is going to be less obvious if you want to make a really “wow” essay that is going to stand out.
- If you are required to use evidence to back up your essay then ensure that you keep notes of the information that you review for your citations.
- Create an outline to map out how you will write your essay. This will help you to better understand exactly how the different parts of your essay will hang together and what should be included within each section. This will guide your writing and make it simpler with less need to do rewrites.
- Use a 5 paragraph structure for simplicity:
- Must give an introduction to computers in use today
- State your thesis or argument
- Outline how you will prove your argument
- Main body
- Usually three separate paragraphs
- Each should be one piece of evidence to support your thesis
- Make your strongest argument first, then the second strongest last
- Concluding paragraph
- Summarize the supporting arguments
- Show how the thesis is proven
- Make a call to action or personal comment
- Proofread and review your writing; ensure that it is well written and engaging while being totally free from errors.
More Essays about Computing
Many times you will be asked to write an essay around computing without a fixed prompt. While this leaves you a lot of freedom to choose a subject that will interest you it can also be hard to choose something. The following are a few suggestions to write about in the field of computing:
- Is there a cost to computer literacy?
- Are we too dependent on the computers that we use?
- Could I really be a victim of a hacker?
- Is the computer the greatest invention ever?
- Who will be in control in 50 years? Man or the computer?
- What is a computer virus?
- Should artificial intelligence be allowed?
- Was my essay written by a computer?
- What will computers be able to do in 10 more years?
- How secure is my computer really?