Management Accountant Cover Letter
Management Accountants help a company’s managers make decisions by providing relevant financial information. Typical job responsibilities of a Management Accountant include: delivering financial statements, supervising accountants, making business strategy suggestions, comparing spending with budgets, finding ways to reduce costs, making financial predictions, and implementing financial policies.
Those interested in a Management Accountant career should be able to demonstrate the following skills and qualifications throughout their cover letters:
- Accounting expertise
- Business acumen and commercial awareness
- Analytical thinking
- Details orientation and accuracy
- Teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good math skills
- Computer competences
- Being able to explain complex financial information in an accessible manner
Below is displayed a sample cover letter mentioning similar Management Accountant abilities and experience.
For help with your resume, check out our extensive Management Accountant Resume Samples.
Dear Ms. Dubay:
When I learned of McCarthys’s need for an experienced Management Accountant to join its team, I felt compelled to submit the enclosed resume. As a solutions-oriented accounting and finance specialist with more than 12 years of high-level experience, I am well positioned to exceed your expectations for this role.
From analyzing financial data and estimating future costs and revenues to developing budgets and generating detailed reports, I excel in strategically leading all business aspects of accounting operations to inform and guide business decision-making and direction. My demonstrated success in motivating teams to top performance levels—along with my exceptional analytical, presentation, and communication skills—prepares me to make a significant impact on your organization.
The highlights of my experience include:
- Accurately and expeditiously managing account analysis, audits and compliance issues, capital planning, cash-flow management, general accounting procedures, budget development and administration, and forecasting.
- Keenly analyzed and reported to senior management on P&L, monthly expenses, and cost fluctuations, as well as $145M worth of work-in-progress business.
- Increased project returns by 37% while cutting expenses by 11% through sharp evaluation and improvement of operational processes and systems.
- Managing a range of special projects to streamline operations and significantly improve productivity and efficiency.
- Training, coaching, developing, evaluating, and managing accounting team members, providing career and performance counseling to facilitate achievement of corporate and project goals.
With my experience in leading management accounting operations, combined with my inherent interpersonal and problem-solving skills, I am ready to provide outstanding service within your company. I look forward to discussing the position with you in further detail. Thank you for your consideration.
Adela R. Strickland
Cover Letter Samples > Human Resources Cover Letter Samples > Management Accountant Cover Letter Sample
Management Accountant Cover Letter Sample
A management accountant cover letter sample shows you how to respond in writing to an ad for a job in this area of human resources. Management accountant cover letters should indicate your knowledge and experience in this field.
WARNING: Don't apply for another job without adding your own customized interview-getting "secret sentence" to the top of your cover letter...
Free Career Quiz Creates Your
"Secret Sentence" That Lands Job Interviews Like Crazy...
... 99.9% of all job seekers don't have a clue about this... not a clue! You're about to receive an unusual, eye-grabbing, fully "customized for you" secret sentence you can quickly add to the TOP of your cover letter... and it's free!
Are you a man or a woman?
897 Treetop Circle
Big City, USA 33333
August 1, 20--
Mr. Craig Littleton
Any Town Department Store
200 Fisher Street
Any Town, USA 99999
Dear Mr. Littleton:
This week CareerJimmy.com listed your post for experienced management accountants to contact you regarding an opening you have in your HR department. I have worked for the past five years as an assistant management accountant at Rushmore Enterprises and now feel qualified to move into full-time management accountancy.
Please see my enclosed resume for more information about my previous employment. I would also welcome an opportunity to meet with you in person to talk about what you are looking for in the man or woman you hire.
If you’re free to meet, please call me on my cell phone: 888-888-8888 to arrange a suitable time. Thank you for taking a look at my cover letter and resume. I am eager to meet you and to find out more about your company and what you have in mind for this position and the person who fills it.