Free sample essay on Newspapers for kids. Life without the newspapers is difficult to imagine. It is the first thing that we look for every morning. It brings us news and views from all corners of the world. Any event or occurrence of importance that takes place is reported by the newspapers.
Newspapers carry information for everyone—businessmen, politicians, unemployed people, sportspersons and children. It widens knowledge, keeps one abreast of all advances made in the fields of science, education, sports, medicine and technology.
Newspapers are important pillars of a democracy. A free press not only makes people aware of the views and policies of the government, but also of their rights. It keeps the government informed of people’s wishes, desires and aspirations. It is a direct channel through which public opinion can be expressed.
Image Source : cision.com
Newspapers keep us in constant touch with news, developments, changes, advances and occurrences in every nook and corner of the world and at a very little price to the reader. Their popularity gives them immense power in molding public opinion.
Unfortunately, most newspapers have vested interests. They are owned by capitalists and have to toe their line. Some newspapers are organs of political parties. Their loyalty to the party is greater than their sense of fair play.
It is essential to cultivate faculty in the readers, so that they do not believe every word of the news- report. The newspaper should also have a very strict code of ethics, which it should conscientiously adhere to.
Reading newspaper is a good habit that can provide a great sense of educational value. It carries information about politics, economy, entertainment, sports, business, industry, trade and commerce. With this habit, it will not only enhance your knowledge about general information but it will likewise improve your language skills and vocabulary. Many people have habits of reading daily newspapers that their days seem incomplete without taking hold of early morning newspapers. Here are some of the benefits that you can get by reading daily newspapers:
- Newspapers carry the news of the world.
- Newspapers provide information and general knowledge.
- Newspapers provide news about a country’s economic situation, sports, games, entertainment, trade and commerce.
- Reading newspaper makes a good habit and it is already part of the modern life. This habit will widen your outlook and will enrich your knowledge.
- Reading newspaper makes you well informed. It enables you to take part in every discussion pertaining to the world’s current events.
- Reading newspapers will improve your knowledge in general and it will be easy for you to relate to other people who often talks about current events and politics.
- Through newspapers, you will have a clear idea and understanding of what is happening in your country and the whole world.